Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sir Paul McCartney in Winnipeg - A Dream Come True

Five days have passed, and I still couldn't believe that I watched Paul McCartney's concert at the Investors Group Field on Monday, August 12. It was the most surreal and best experience I had.

I still couldn't believe that I saw him. Okay, maybe I only saw him on the big screen because I was too far, but I still saw him. I was there. I already accepted that I could never watch The Beatles live because Lennon was already dead before I was even born. It was already embedded in my mind that I could never watch a Beatle live. And then Sir Paul decided to play in Winnipeg after 20 years.


That's not even the best part. I was able to share the experience with my family. I'm glad my parents were able to watch Sir Paul's concert. 
I'm glad that my sister and brother were there to watch the show with me. Watching Paul McCartney sing our favourite Beatles songs while sitting next to my family was amazing. It was indescribable.

Will the experience ever sink in? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I may forget the experience but I will always remember the feeling.


I know I'm asking too much, but I hope Paul never dies. Or he could live up to a hundred and do tours and can still sing. Or maybe he and Ringo can tour together. 

2 comments:

  1. Is Paul still as cute as he was in 1964?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D No, but he can still belt out "Let Met Roll it", "Maybe I'm Amazed", "Live and Let Die", and "Back in the USSR". That's why I hope he'll continue performing until he's old enough to sing those songs.

      Delete