Friday, September 11, 2009

the model couple

I just wanted to share this lovely and inspiring interview of Martin Honasan and Barbie Almalbis-Honasan, from The 700 Club Asia.

Who on earth are they? Some may ask. First off, they're Filipinos, a married couple, artists, and one of them is a public figure. Brief information: Martin Honasan is the son of the former Senator Gringo Honasan. It's only his father that's well-known, but he carries the last name, so he still carries the name's burden. Not that I have anything against this man. Cause he's the son of a politician and you know I really don't want to talk about it. I'm just saying, he's the son. Barbie Almalbis-Honasan is a singer and songwriter. She was the vocalist of Hungry Young Poets and Barbie's Cradle, but now she is a solo artist still making her music and providing entertainment to her fans. By the way, they're both Christians, and they have a baby girl named Noa Stina.



I'll add the translations here for the english speakers, but this interview is mostly in english anyway, so I'm sure you won't have much of a problem. And also, you don't have to mind the voiceover because I find her annoying. Really. 

Translations (italicized): 

Martin: (~0:34) Whenever there are fans or a crowd, I like being her shield, like I stand in front of her to guard her. *note: he only said stand in front of her, but that also means that he's guarding her and protecting her.*

female voiceover: (1:18-1:27) Who wouldn't get giddy with this couple? But how did they find out that they were both meant for each other? 

female voiceover: (2:26-2:32) Oh, so they waited. But how will you know if you're ready? *note: kabataan means youth, and using it in english is awkward, but basically the girl is just telling the youth to wait, just like what Martin and Barbie did.*

female voiceover: (3:25-3:32) And now that they are enjoying the life of a married couple, here are the other things they've learned. 

Whew. At least they spoke more english than the mother tongue. Because its hard doing translations and subs, you know, especially if it's an hour long drama series. What do you think though? I posted this interview here on my blog because I wanted to share this with everyone, and I know that some of you may scoff and say that 'No, I don't need God in my life to cement my relationship, thank you very much.' Well I'm not gonna talk about religion here and start preaching the teachings of the Bible. I'm just sharing this video with the hope that some of you would be inspired and touched with their relationship. 


video uploaded by tscacbnasia 
the song Barbie's playing is Untitled(Harana Song) from her album 'Barbie Rocks the Big Dome'

No comments:

Post a Comment