Sunday, September 27, 2009

putting away our wants

Clips on youtube are being spread around. Facebook is filled with posts on this news. News reports are broadcasted all over the world.

My beloved country, the Philippines, is in need of help. To be on the other side of the country and away from home saddens me; for my fellowmen are coping with this calamity. The typhoon has hit them very badly and all the prayers and any kind of help are needed for them to survive.

An aftermath of this tragedy, the article is from one of the country's network media. (Just to let you know, the Filipino name of this typhoon is 'Ondoy', or more known as Ketsana.)

Most of my relatives are not in danger; although, I still don't know all the details. But the others, my fellow people in the different parts of the city and towns, are in jeopardy.



The damage has been done. The storm has passed. A new day begins. And I know for sure that every Filipino are joining their hands together and helping each other at this time of need. Putting away their hatred and bitterness and giving them their support. 'Bayanihan' is what this trait is called. Something that we will always be proud of.


photo taken(and not hotlinked) from i HEART a LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment